Healthy snacks that you can take on-the-go are becoming my specialty. They became a necessity in my life when road trips started to take up 2-3 days of my week and my travel buddies wanted to stop at every In & Out Burger along the way. That was not a good option for me! So I always appreciate a recipe for healthy, enticing snacks that you can munch on while your buds eat junk food.
I’ve been really into these oat ball recipes lately because they are a perfect bite if you are craving something sweet. And I just found my favorite twist! Pumpkin Spice! Keep them in your fridge for a snack between meals, or pop a few in a small container while you’re traveling!
Pumpkin Spice Oat Bites
- 1/3 cup Pumpkin Puree
- 4 pitted medjool dates
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup oats
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips (optional)
1. Blend the dates, almond butter, and 1/2 cup oats in a food processor until finely chopped.
2. Transfer the mixture into a large bowl and add the remaining ingredients until fully incorporated.
3. Refrigerate for an hour.
4. Roll into golf ball size bites
5. Store in refrigerator inside an airtight container.